. .

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Haul!

Hey everyone! A lot of people have asked to see what I received for Christmas this year, so I figured I would do a blog post about it. I am going to be including everything, even the human stuff!

I am going to start with the stuff I got from AG.

Here are the modern outfits that I recieved. (All of these are available in the AG catalogue, store and website.)


Sweater outfit- I have had my eye on this outfit for a while now. I love the thick, knit sweater; the way it fits around the doll's neck is quite stylish. The leggings are also very versatile, so they are a great item to have on hand.


Purple Peacock PJs- I love this set! The color is super cute, and the design is simple and fun. I actually wanted these for Ellie, because she doesn't have any PJs yet.


AG holiday dress 2013- This outfit is gorgeous! The design is so elegant, and the color is beautiful. It is probably one of my favorite holiday dresses AmericanGirl has ever made.


Now, lets take a look at all the retired outfits I received! (No longer available from AmericanGirl, must be purchased second-hand)


Kailey's Surf and Snorkel Set- Kailey was the girl of the year back in 2004, so this outfit is pretty rare! The bikini is absolutely darling, and I love the little snorkel set! I can't wait to use this one in my videos!


Yankees Jacket and Cap- This very exclusive AmericanGirl Yankees Jacket was sold to guests at the Yankees stadium in 2003. I feel so lucky to have this item in my possession- it is quite rare. It is also very cute, and I think it will look great on film! 


Track Suit- This ensemble is just adorable! I love the track pants- they have a very realistic, soft elastic waistband. The fabric is velvety, and it looks just like a real tracksuit!


As some of you may know, my mom is really good at sewing. She likes to make doll clothes for me, and for Christmas, she gave me a bunch of handmade pieces! They are all beautiful, and they are especially meaningful because they are home-made.


Patterned Pants- These pants are just darling! The pattern is playful and lighthearted, and of course, they are beautifully made.


Slouchy Tee and Blue Leggings- My mom made both of these pieces, and I think they go really well together. The slouchy tee is bright and fun, and the leggings are sooo soft; they are both wonderful pieces and I can't wait to use them in my videos!


Little Black Dress- This dress is just gorgeous, and exquisitely made! The layer underneath is metallic, and the layer on top is a soft mesh. The two work together to create an elegant and exciting look. I love the way the fabric hangs- it is just beautiful!


Denim Skirt(s)- Sweet little denim skirts! These are always great to have on hand! (My mom also made a red one, but it is currently being used for a video and could not be featured in this photoshoot)



Those are all the clothing items I received this year. Now, on to the accessories! 

The first AG accessory I received was a doll sized barbecue! It is retired from AmericanGirl, so it is only available on ebay. (They usually sell for around $30, but it can be hard to find one in good condition.) It is such a cute item! I can already imagine all the videos- it is going to be a big hit this summer!


A view of the inside: there are coals beneath the grate!


The final item I received was the delicious dinner set! It comes with so many pieces and I think it is going to look great on film. 


A closer look at the ice cream. What incredible detail!



Those are all the doll things I received this Christmas! I also got a few human things (shown below), but as usual, it was mostly doll stuff! I can't believe it sometimes. Here I am, in highschool, getting doll clothes for Christmas! Its just wonderful! 
Here's to never growing up! 
And Merry Christmas, too!


13 comments:

  1. Cool! I can't wait for a snorkeling video! Meryl Christmas Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Anna! All your stuff were amazingly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have wanted the cozy sweater outfit for a while it look great on julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the pink sweater set too! xD
    I found that the shoes don’t stay on well though.
    You got great stuff! I love that barbecue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 the grill! I got Mia for Christmas and I'm renaming her Anastasia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Haul! The main thing I got for Christmas was Cecile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the cozy sweater outfit too! It's my new favorite outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome additions to your doll wardrobe and accessories. I got a few things from my Molly wishlist. :)
    I love Archie comics too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's To Never Growing Up! CHEERS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep. Then your friends ask: What did you get for Christmas...

    AWKWARD!

    Cheers to never growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the grill, you should include it into your next video. Your mom is such a good sewer!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Sweater Outfit!!! Your mom is an amazing sewer!!!

    ReplyDelete

The story behind it all....

In September of 2009, a pre-teen girl named Anna was searching youtube. She no longer used her american girl dolls. they were behind the closet doors, gathering dust. She reluctantly glanced over, then began to type in the search bar: American Girl Dolls. A video came up. She clicked on it. 14 coustumed dolls slid onto the screen and began to dance together, waving their arms and doing cartwheels. Anna was shocked. How could this be possible? This was.... Amazing. She quickly searched a few more. There were hudreds of videos, by usernames like stephenswodadancer, AGlovejess and girloftheyearstudios. Anna couldn't believe it. This new discovery was incredible! She ran to her room and pulled out her two dolls, felicity and samantha. She grabbed her camera. And, she began to film.


It is now four years later. I work on videos almost everyday, usually stopmotions. I have gathered quite a few veiws and subscribers on youtube, and I really appriciate when people comment on my videos. I have come unbelievibly far, but I still leave up those first videos from two years ago, because for me, those are the memories that I will always treasure. I am so happy that I can share them with you.