AGtube Raised Me

Today I am reminiscing.

It has been over 10 years since I posted my first video on YouTube - a shaky, poorly filmed tour of my dollhouse back in 2009. My voice is squeaky and high-pitched. In the video, it is blatantly apparent - I'm a kid.

Now, it's 2019, and I am a grown-up. I've finished high school. I've graduated college with a business degree. I've moved to a new city alone and started my first full-time job. I've traveled a bunch, and seen some amazing places and met some amazing people and have even fallen in love. Sometimes it's crazy to take a step back and realize where I am in life, and how much can change in so little time.

Today, looking back at old basilmentos videos, I have realized that there is one thing that hasn't changed. Over all the years, through every season, every family holiday, every new school, new hobby and new phase of life, basilmentos has been a constant. Each video sparks memories of distinct moments in life - moments of personal growth and change. The videos are stories of friendship, exploration, curiosity, creativity, and adventure.

So as I scroll back through videos of Sarah learning to BMX bike, and Gabby learning Spanish, and Samantha learning how to be a true friend, I realize that these stories are mine too.  When you add together every basilmentos video, it is the story of me growing up.

Now, as a grownup, I can look back at AGtube with a sense of gratitude. AGtube taught me patience, it taught me perseverance, it taught me conflict management skills and project management skills. But most importantly, it taught me to always wonder and dream and be my true self. AGtube will always be an important part of who I am. It raised me.

Comments

  1. Aww, Basilmentos this is so true! I loved watching you grow up as I grew up and I'm so happy that you were there for your audience. Yay 10 years, what a decade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a little late to comment, but wow. You have a way of writing that practically made me cry!! You are so valuable in the AG community, and I hope you can resume posting soon!! You are such an inspiring person, and I'm so proud to be a part of the same community as you.

    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I know I wish that she still posted that would be so nice I love watching all of her old videos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your channel Basilmentos and I am wondering if you can check my blog out and comment. Here is the link for my blog: https://americangirldollschatclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So doses this mean you are leaving AG Tube please reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im honestly hoping that she doesn't leave but she's an adult now and she's graduated college so it looks like sadly she quick.:(

      Delete
  6. This was so touching Anna! I really love ur channel, and I miss having u upload

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have watched your channel since I was little, and it has inspired me in so many ways. You are so talented and I greatly enjoy watching your videos in my free time. I wish you still posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please post something a video or a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was diagnose April 17,2015 and find out I'm HIV positive.I was scared because there is no cure for HIV/AIDS but today some people still don't believe that there is cure for HIV, it can only be cured through Africans root and herbs,and our doctor's here in USA few of them know about the African herbal medicine can cure Hiv but they chooses to hide it from us just to make a sales of medical expertise. I did a research online finding way to get rid of my disease,I saw a comment about a herbal doctor on internet Name Dr itua ,who has cured several disease with his powerful herbal medicine, I contacted him on whats-app, chat with him explain my self to him.He said he can cure hiv perfectly well , he gave me his request which i send to him. within 5 days he sent me the herbal medicine through ups courier delivering service And told me how to take the medicine for 2 weeks to get cured,I did for 2 weeks, within this 7 days i notice a very big change in my health and i new some thing great has happened then i went to confirm my result after finishing the herbal medicine for two weeks it was absolutely negative.The doctor who new i was hiv positive was asking me how come i am negative, what did it took to get cure and were did i get this medicine from and how did i get rid of it I told him every thing about the herbal medicine that cure me. imagine doctor telling me not to let anyone know about it,I wasn't shock though i knew they know about the herbal cure but chose to hide it in other to make sales on medicals expertise,if you are HIV positive Or other disease such
    Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease.contact Dr Itua for any kind of herbal product and remedies through Email Or Website.. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. we miss you! Please give us any form of an update :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. We miss you! Please come back! Maybe a follow up type of video like "Where Ive been" for example

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts