My name's Sarah. I have been living in the basilmentos family for a few years now, and it has sure been a fun time! Since my welcoming into their home, Anna has rebuilt our dollhouse. It has 3 stories, with lots of room to run around and play. Its changed a lot over the time since it was built as well, and furniture is constantly rearranged among the rooms. Its pretty elaborate, and you can have a dollhouse like ours. Here are some tips to create your dream doll space.
1.Shelves of some sort are a great place to build a doll house. It is difficult to create a flattering atmosphere when the ceiling is much higher than the doll rooms. Shelves are also convenient and more organized feeling than a space cleared out on your bedroom floor.
2. Rugs. They make a doll room so much more realistic! Find a small woven cloth or rug sample to put on the floor near your doll's bed. It will instantly make the room much cuter!
3. Print some "windows" off of google images, or make some out of construction paper. Having windows in your dollhouse adds to the realism. Tape them to the wall for a cute touch.
4. Scatter posters of your doll's favorite band, movies and animals across the walls of her room. This will make the room look more elaborate and fun.
5. Move furniture against the walls. It will make the space look less cluttered, and will give the appearance of a real room. The only furniture that should be in the middle is something like a coffee table. Look around your house for inspiration.
6. If you can get your hands on a mini lamp, you are super lucky! They add an adorable touch to the room, even if they are not plugged in. Though if you have a plug nearby, definitely take the opportunity. I got little lamps at Ikea. Its a great store for it, because the mini lamps and accessories are fairly inexpensive.
If you have these items, you can instantly spice up your doll room! All you need is a doll bed and these accessories, and you will have a doll room with flair.
Steal of the week: For a cheap and simple doll bed, go to Ikea. They sell stackable doll beds in the toys section for 20 dollars each! They are easy to assemble, and even come with a cute blanket and pillow. :)