How to create a dollhouse for your 18 inch AG dolls!

Creating the perfect doll house can be a challenge. But with the right tips and tricks, you can turn any space into a cute home for your American Girl dolls.

My name's Sarah. I have been living in the basilmentos family for a few years now, and it has sure been a fun time! Since my welcoming into their home, Anna has rebuilt our dollhouse. It has 3 stories, with lots of room to run around and play. Its changed a lot over the time since it was built as well, and furniture is constantly rearranged among the rooms. Its pretty elaborate, and you can have a dollhouse like ours. Here are some tips to create your dream doll space.

1.Shelves of some sort are a great place to build a doll house. It is difficult to create a flattering atmosphere when the ceiling is much higher than the doll rooms. Shelves are also convenient and more organized feeling than a space cleared out on your bedroom floor.


2.  Rugs. They make a doll room so much more realistic! Find a small woven cloth or rug sample to put on the floor near your doll's bed. It will instantly make the room much cuter!

3. Print some "windows" off of google images, or make some out of construction paper. Having windows in your dollhouse adds to the realism. Tape them to the wall for a cute touch.


4. Scatter posters of your doll's favorite band, movies and animals across the walls of her room. This will make the room look more elaborate and fun.


5. Move furniture against the walls. It will make the space look less cluttered, and will give the appearance of a real room. The only furniture that should be in the middle is something like a coffee table. Look around your house for inspiration.

6. If you can get your hands on a mini lamp, you are super lucky! They add an adorable touch to the room, even if they are not plugged in. Though if you have a plug nearby, definitely take the opportunity. I got little lamps at Ikea. Its a great store for it, because the mini lamps and accessories are fairly inexpensive.


If you have these items, you can instantly spice up your doll room! All you need is a doll bed and these accessories, and you will have a doll room with flair.

Steal of the week: For a cheap and simple doll bed, go to Ikea. They sell stackable doll beds in the toys section for 20 dollars each! They are easy to assemble, and even come with a cute blanket and pillow. :)

Comments

  1. these are adorable ideas!
    And i love your doll house ^^
    I will definitely use some of these!
    Thanks(;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. cool my dolls house will be four stories high and in my closet i love you basilmentos!!!

      Delete
    3. You are right. My mother and I are planning to build a dollhouse

      Delete
  2. Awesome ideas!! #2 comment as well...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is amazing! Great idea and I will definitely use it instead of buying those $200 items! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was very helpful! i'm making my american girl doll house soon and i was having a little trouble. thank you for the great ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow i had no idea it was this simple :D I'm gonna get my grandaddy to help me either build one or get a old shelf. By the way I think rootisimo has one so i'm in luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, Anna, if I had a genie, and I had 3 wishes,I would wish for..
    1) A meet up with you at an AG place where I could meet you and get to know your dollies.. :)
    2) My family and I to be happy and healthy for the rest of our lives.
    3) And to just SEE your dollhouse! It looks like such a doll paradise.. <3

    I hope that someday, I could have a dollhouse as detailed and unique as yours.. My uncle and I constructed a shelf inside my closet that wouldn't damage any walls. I would have preferred just nailing pieces of wood into the walls (because it would leave more space for the depth of the rooms), but since my family rents our house, we can't make any changes to it.. But I still adore the shelf we made, and I appreciate every bit of it. I'll be sure to use your tips to spruce it up a bit.. ;) Thanks so much for making this blog post! It's really helpful! I get those beds from Ikea too.. They're a great deal.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea! I will definitely think about doing this.
    Oh, and Basilmentos, I absolutely LOVE love love your videos. You are such an amazing and inspirational person!

    -Priya (MyAGPlayground on YouTube)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your doll room c: i really need to get a book shelf of something like that to make a cute room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! My dad is making shelves in a corner of my room to make an ag house! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Idea,I Will try it out soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome ideas! :D I'll go and make some posters for my dolls now! :)
    -SummerStudiosAG

    ReplyDelete
  12. great ideas. can you fallow my blog. gracesdollblog.blogspot.com!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. smart, smart, smart!!! I love your videos! I have been checking 2 times every day for cabin 4 episode 4!! Love your bed suggestion! I should so totally try that! I LUV U ANNA!!! WOOOOOOOO!!! (I mean, technically, I am not really in love with you...you know that...right?!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i would do this but i dont have any dolls:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm trying to convince my parents to let me get a doll house like yours :) These are REALLY good ideas! I'm definetley going to have to try some! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! Thank You so Much!!!!! I was just going to get a doll room planned out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mum Grace says as soon as she has persuaded her mum we can have a house. Her mum is all fro the idea, but says Grace's room is to smal (LIE! If she moved her chest of drawrs where our current room is then there would be room next to her wardrobe)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so that's where the beds that all AGtubers have come from... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love you dollhouse!!! I have the beds from ikea and they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your dollhouse! You are a great inspiration and you absolutely are soooo creative! I love you. ~Icy Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are great ideas!!! I also already have a dollhouse in my closet.
    But I only have one floor because of all of my clothes!!!!!! I just wish I could make more room! I have a couch,two chairs, and a little side table that my mom had when she was little. I also have the kitchen that basilmentos has that she and I got from Target. I also have a little dresser that I used to use for markers. And three beds that I made out of shoe boxes. I am also hoping to get a little closet too!
    I love your ideas basilmentos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty sweet! I will probably do something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I found a mini working washer at seals

    ReplyDelete
  24. i made a doll bed out of her box!

    ReplyDelete

  25. Very much impressive blog keep the good work up. I found this very informative. It helps me a lot.
    Click Here : 2005 Cat 140H (1312) w/7895 Hrs For Sale at $108k

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts